Hair Damage! One of those things that all girls are constantly worried about, and with good reason, think about it! think of all the Coloring, Highlights, Heat Tools, Sprays and all of the countless chemicals that goes into your hair and ruins it. But.. What if I tell you that you might have some habits that can also contribute with your hair getting more and more damage and m you might not be aware of them yet; But no worries we got you covered.
1. The first thing that comes to mind is Heat Damage, Seriously guys this can cause breakage, and as you know, breakage leads to hair loss. To prevent this, try to cut down the amount of time that you put your hair under the heat by letting it air dry and then use the flat-iron, and try not to flat-iron and use a curling iron after, keep the heat to a minimum.
2. Not Using Heat Protection, this can dry out the cuticle of the hair, which causes frizzy hair and breakage. I know it’s a pain and it takes a few extra minutes to incorporate heat protection into your hair routine, but, you’ll notice the difference that this little step will make with your hair. So take the extra effort, you have nothing to lose.
3. Super Tight Hair Styles, Yep, that means no slicked back ponytails, super tight buns or braids. The traction that this gives over long periods of time can lead to inflammation of the root of the hair and ultimately causes hair loss.
4. I know that some people won’t like this one but, I have to say it, Quit chemically processing your hair, The chemicals that are used to color, curl or straighten your hair into a non-natural situation, do so by breaking and recreating molecular bonds; this is a serious chemical reaction that can be caustic and damaging to the scalp and follicles themselves. After several years of processing, some women lose the ability to grow hair permanently.
5. Manhandling Wet Hair, When your hair is soaking wet, it is weaker, more fragile and more susceptible to breakage. Try not to rough-dry your hair with a towel, and instead gently try to press the water out. Also, do not brush your hair while it is wet by if you need to do so use a wide-tooth comb, working from the ends of your hair on up, to prevent breakage.
6. Protect your hair from the sun, The sun can dry out your hair and make it prone to breakage, So! always remember to wear a hat or use a quality SPF spray on your beautiful strings.
.7. Eat a Well balanced Diet, Remember beautiful hair comes from the inside out, be sure to eat a balanced diet, that contains protein, omega-3, vitamins and biotin, so your hair can have all of the elements to grow the best hair that it can.
If you try to avoid or correct this bad habits you will discover more beautiful, stronger and healthy hair. Leave us a comment with your thoughts and also if you know of more bad habits that we might have that ruins our hair.
xx. Jen TeamGlamItUp
Disclaimer: this review it’s not sponsored, all of the opinions written here are as always our own, true and honest, we don’t own the pictures and they were taken off the internet.